Wedding Slideshow

Monday, February 8, 2010

Master Cleanse Day 5

Master Cleanse Day 5 was a little different. I was able to sleep in and relax a little more when doing the salt water flush in the morning, which is important. I stayed around the house most of the day just getting some small stuff done and watching my son. Something that happened this time around during the MC is my interface with food (which was non-existant) the 1st time. Several times I have found myself sitting at the kitchen table with my wife watching her eat while I sip on lemonade or water. I don't recommend this before day 3 or 4, or really at all. But I think if you set your mind to do something you can definitely do it. I just tell myself that although the food smells delicious, it's not for me. Besides, I think after the 1st few days of the cleanse there's no turning back. I mean, if I just grabbed up and ate some of the food my wife was enjoying I would immediately become sick.

I'm reminded of one of the scenes in Band Of Brothers, the HBO series about the US Army's Easy Company and their service during WWII. There's a scene toward the end of the series where Easy Co. encounters an Nazi concentration camp. The soldiers are mortified at what they see; starving, sick people wandering around inside a barbed wire enclosure. So the soldiers begin giving the starving prisoners food, only to see them all become sick immediately. It's a really sad scene that I don't take it lightly. But somehow I feel a small kinship to those prisoners by giving up food temporarily. Giving up food for 10-12 days seems like such a small sacrifice compared to the struggle of the persecuted. I can only imagine what they went through.

No comments:

Post a Comment