Wedding Slideshow

Friday, February 12, 2010

10 Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas

10 Gift ideas that will keep you out of trouble.

Every year I don’t take Valentine’s Day very seriously. And every year I manage to get myself into hot water with my wife. I usually tell myself, hey, it’s just a holiday created by corporations to make money – which, of course it is! It’s not fair, with the constant bombardment of TV, radio and other ads telling us all to go out and buy, buy, buy! But that most definitely doesn’t preclude me from participating, especially if I know what’s good for me! J

Don’t know what to get your significant other? Here are some ideas…

  1. Dinner Out. Take your significant other out for a romantic dinner at a nice restaurant.
  2. Flowers/Gift Basket. Have a special bouquet or gift personally delivered to his/her work or at home.
  3. Perfume/Cologne. Pick out his/her favorite scent and wrap it up as a special present you’ll both enjoy.
  4. Night On The Town. Take your significant other out for a night on the town with some drinking, dancing and fun.
  5. A Homemade Card. Spend some time creating a very special card that is just from you and the kids to your spouse.
  6. Jewelry. Surprise your significant other with a hand-picked bracelet, ring or necklace.
  7. Dinner In. Make him or her a special candle-lit, romantic dinner or make it a surprise with breakfast in bed!
  8. Spa Treatment. Give the gift of therapeutic massage, facials, manicure, pedicure, etc.
  9. Romantic Getaway. Book a mini vacation for 2 somewhere special or just hit the road for a weekend getaway at your favorite bed & breakfast.
  10. Personalized Gift. Get even more creative by making something for your significant other like “TLC coupons” or sultry photographs.

I always remind myself on V-day that there’s no better time to cultivate the friendship and love that you have for your partner, so why not give them something special. You’ll feel good about it and they will be thrilled that you thought of them…

Martin Whitton is a professional wedding photojournalist who lives and works in Austin, Texas. Email: martin@mwwphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment