Wedding Slideshow

Monday, February 8, 2010

Master Cleanse: Day 4

On Friday, Day 4 of the MC I was feeling very normal for someone who hadn't eaten any food in 4 days. I had alot of energy and my presence of mind was great. My head was clear and I got lots of things done during the day. I guess day 4 was all about energy. I checked my weight on day 2 just to see if I was losing weight.

Another reason that I started the cleanse (aside from the benefits of detoxing the body and "restarting" how I look at healthy meals) was to initiate some weight loss. Our son was born about 10 months ago and we had both put on some weight - mine being "sympathy" weight I suppose. I recently saw a photo of myself from several months prior and I was a little shocked. Just before the holidays I was right at 200lbs, which is about 30 lbs above where I should be in tip-top shape. My wife and initiated some healthy eating habits just prior to the holidays and with a minor amount of exercise we were both on our way. When I weighed in on day 2 I was about 187lbs.

It's not all about the weight loss of course. I think as long as you pay attention to how your body feels then you know what's right for you. The hard part as we all know is avoiding all the good tasting bad stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment