Wedding Slideshow

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Engagement Session in Round Rock, Texas

There's an old hidden gem in Round Rock that I just discovered. It's a park, not far from Interstate 35, near downtown, that has some wonderful scenery for engagement photos. I can't believe I didn't find this place sooner.

How did I find it? This weekend I was scheduled to photograph a couple for their engagement session in Western Round Rock and arrived to find the gates of the venue locked, and no one to let us in. So we did what any couple and their photographer would do in a pinch - we improvised. I remembered that I had photographed a couple at a small park in Round Rock last year, and I hoped that I could remember the directions in order to get there. 

Did I mention that our enagement portrait shoot was scheduled on a day where the outside temperature never went above 36 degrees F? I asked my bride and groom if they wanted to cancel and they insisted that they get the photos done and that they love the "cool" weather (I found out later that they are both from northern states, which explains the tolerance of the cold weather).

We later completed our photo session successfully and with everyone in good spirits. We captured some great photos too!

No comments:

Post a Comment